The weather has been horribly stormy recently and Alfie has suffered from a particularly nasty cough and cold so I’ve decided to give the family a boost of vitamin C with this comforting lime and coconut loaf. So although it’s not that festive I figured a little taste of summer might be called for.
This is one of Alfie’s favourites for dessert. It’s also really easy to make, suitable for little ones because it has no sugar (it gets it sweetness from maple syrup) and makes a good snack on the go (makes a change from raspberry rice cakes)!
Please be careful introducing coconut, especially if you have a family history of allergies.
- 2 cups of wholemeal plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup of shredded coconut
- 1/2 a cup of maple syrup
- 3/4 of veg oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of natural yoghurt
- 1 tsp of vanilla essence
- Zest of 3 limes
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Place dry ingredients into the bowl and mix
- Place wet ingredients into a jug and whisk
- Create a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and place the wet ingredients in the well
- Mix until just combined
- Pour mixture into loaf tin (preferably lined with baking paper)
- Bake for 45-50 mins until golden and skewer inserted comes out clean