We have definitely reached the fussy, know my own mind, thank you very much phase! Despite this, I’m still endeavouring to try new flavours and this week’s recipe is Spanish paprika chicken pasta.
This yummy recipe has been tweaked slightly from a fantastic book called ‘Top 100 Meals in Minutes’ written by the ‘children’s food guru’ Annabel Karmel. Alfie wasn’t massively keen but I think that was more to do with the differently shaped pasta (told you he was in a fussy phase) but it was tasty enough for parents and is the perfect mid-week supper for the whole family.
Ingredients (serves 2 adults and a baby with another portion for the freezer)
- 2 tsp of olive oil
- 1 red onion finely chopped
- 1 red pepper
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 1/2 tsp Spanish paprika
- 2 chicken breasts chopped into small pieces
- 25g chorizo finely chopped
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp fresh thyme finely chopped
- 200g ish of shell pasta
- 75g of cheese grated (I used cheddar)
How to make
- Heat oil in frying pan
- Add onion, pepper, garlic and fry for 5 mins
- Add paprika and chicken and fry until chicken is cooked
- Mix in chorizo, tomatoes and thyme. Simmer for 5 mins.
- Meanwhile cook your pasta and drain
- Add to chicken and add the cheese and stir