We often get back from some type of baby group and need to have lunch soon after. It can be quite a rush and I need something quick and easy but with this cold weather it’s nice to have something warm rather than just a sandwich. An omelette is the perfect choice.
Although an omelette is so easy to make I often find you can forget about the basic recipesand how useful they are for a quick lunch. Plus it’s the perfect lunch for little fingers to grab onto and feed themselves. I add whatever vegetable I have in the fridge but a particular favourite is red pepper. I say favourite, but it’s more likely that it’s chopped up so small Alfie doesn’t notice!
- 2 eggs
- Knob of butter
- Handful of grated cheese
- 1/4 red pepper chopped into small cube (or any other leftivers you have-onion, tomato…)
How to make
- Beat egg, cheese and red pepper.
- Heat small frying pan and add butter
- Once the butter has melted add the egg mixture
- Cook for a few minutes and when the omelette starts to firm up ease the edges and flip over
- Cook until golden brown on both sides